About the Village
The Village of Fayetteville was founded in 1818 by Irish immigrant, Cornelius McGroarty, and later incorporated in 1868. At one time Fayetteville contained two churches, two schools, two hotels, several stores and saloons, two drug stores and had a monorail station that connected the village to the city of Cincinnati and further eastern locations.
It is located in Perry Township of Brown County, OH and is just over a 1/2 of a square mile with two major US Highways intersecting in the center of town; U.S. Route 68 & U.S. Route 50. It is governed by the Village Council and a Mayor. The Council is made up of six elected members and the Mayor serves as the seventh.
The village is made up of a small yet diverse community of over 330 residents, who have a strong sense of community and has always kept the village and each other at the core of their heritage. We welcome all visitors and new residents alike to grow and enjoy in the small town but big heart of Fayetteville.
News & AnnouncementsView All Stories
Due to the village hall undergoing renovation, this upcoming Mayor's court on May 12, will be held in the Fayetteville-Perry Fire Department, located at 100 N. Apple St. Fayetteville, OH 45118.
Please use the entrance to the meeting hall, located on the east side of the building. Parking will be available on the same side of the building.
At Thursday evening's council meeting, Mayor Tina Houk swore in newly appointed council member, Brent McDaniel, to serve in a vacant position on village council.
Mr. McDaniel will serve in his appointed position on council until he can be duly elected in the 2023 election.
The 2022 primary elections in the Perry Twp. area will be held at the Fayetteville-Perry Middle School gymnasium.
Please use the designated parking area located in the center parking lot of the school campus, then enter the building through the adjacent breezeway located between the gynmasium and middle school building.